Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth from China!

we had "breakfast" complete with patriotic napkins and USA stickers! I WILL NOT be able to post any pictures for now. Too bad! Only photos can capture "breakfast" in China! Oh my! I have a fab photo of Bethany trying to hold in/down/on to hers--but you will have to wait to see it! Kristen is enjoying the broccoli at 8am. Samuel has boycotted all morning meals.
 
We are in an internet "ROOM" in the mall--picture a dark, cavernous room with hundreds of computers and fingers clicking away. But this may be the only update you get until next weekend when we can steal away by shuttle into town. BMH staff uses their computer and office frequently and volunteers need to stay focused.
 
SO far we have eaten, eaten, and eaten. We swam in a lavish/opulent pool. We all look lovely in our funky bathing caps. Tonight we are headed to the beach to celebrate the 4th with fireworks and dinner. Not much ministry--seems like a adventurous vacation so far. But the Bolts warn us to be ready to serve and work starting tomorrow at 3pm when the children arrive. There will be 25 kids and we are all real excited to be meeting them soon. SO for now, no need for big "talks with out Father". We are having a blast! Our first "real" day is tomorrow--and our focus is making them feel valuable. Tues is Hope. Wed is Others. Thurs is Perseverance and fri is Encouragement. IHOPE
 
 
Everyone is excited to be meeting our "buddies" tomorrow. Peter is a favorite. He has picked up the language and endeared himself to all. They love to pick him up and hug/kiss him. He is a great sport about it. They always giggle when he says Knee-How (my spelling for hello in Chinese)
 
I will save the story about my near strip search and being hijacked into a room of massage women who hooked me up to electricity to work on my back. AND I WILL NEVER TELL THE CHINESE NAME THEY GAVE ME !
 
if the girls do, i will leave them here.
 
bye for now, kelly

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...what fun it sounds like you're all having. Peter is going to get a huge talk from me when he gets home. He allows them to hug and kiss him but I can't? I wonder if I say knee how to him if he will feel more comfortable. OK...I am dying to find out what your name over there is Kel. And a message? That is too funny...but I sure hope it worked on your back. Can't wait til the next update and pictures. How are you and Bob doing? Are you getting those morning devotions in together? Miss you guys and lifting you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the updates and information! It is so great to read them and follow along on your adventure... it also gives us specific ideas we can use to share with the Father and the rest of your family :-)

    With love from all the Fosters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love following along. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete