Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This week has been going by so quickly. I have really enjoyed all the time I have gotten to spend forming relationships with Grace and Donna. To my surprise, Donna speaks a little English. The first night, she turned to me and said, "Do you play guitar?" I was so surprised, I couldn't answer! Because she speaks a little of my language, I feel even more connected to her. Last night, as we were walking over to do some dancing (yes, dancing!) Reilly and I each held one of Donna's hands. As we walked, Donna turned to Reilly and said, "You guys are my best friends." I was extremely touched but also saddened. We have only known her for a few days and already we are closer to her than anyone else. It made me realize how lonely some of these kids must be without a mom or dad to love them and real friends to stand by them. With this realization, I will try even harder, this week and next, to bring these kids the love and hope that they never have had before.
 
~Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bethany i'm going to remember that forever! you put it so profoundly!

    -Reilly

    ReplyDelete