Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mei Li and Apple

I have been having so much fun with my two girls, Mei Li and Apple, this week. Mei Li is nine years old and FULL of energy. She calls me "Big Sister" and always wants to hold my hand (when she is not running around, that is). Apple decided to give herself an American name. I threw out a few suggestions. Finally, Bethany's translator, Ann, asked, "How about Apple? I have a girl in my class named Apple." Apple nodded her head and has been called Apple ever since.
 
Both girls love to swim. On Monday, we went swimming. I asked Sunny, my translator, to ask them if they had ever swam before. They said no, and then Sunny confessed that she had never been swimming before either! Mei Li and Apple had so much fun jumping and splashing. Mei Li kept on saying, "I can fly! I can fly!" I now know that "yo yo" means swimming because they continously ask when they can go back to the pool. Today was the last pool day, but tomorrow is the beach trip and I am sure that they will have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment