Monday, July 26, 2010

So I finally read the Team China blog!

Sheesh! I apologize for the formatting and misspellings and incoherent offerings. Cut-off posts. Out of order posts (the Nanshan post was delivered while we were in Xi'an!). The duplicate posts. A virtual hodge-podge.

Oh boy! The editress in me was pretty appalled.

But as Bob and I sat here last night (was it last night?) and read our words, we were both so glad to have some of our memories recorded here. Not all of them. Some are too raw to share. Some too embarrassing. Some couldn't be shared within the NO CHRISTIAN words format allowed. Some need to be "unpacked" and processed before they are shared. Some need never be shared because they are secrets between us and our Father.

I am so glad to have shared here. Not just with you all. That was awesome. Although at first we did not know anyone was even reading the blog, it was an easy way to keep in contact since we had no access to a phone or skype. And a blog is a cheater's way to journal. And photo scrapbook (Although I confess it is nice to load more than one photo at a time. And preview my posts after spell-checking :).

Mostly, I am glad that we took the time to put it down--since the time sped past and three weeks ago in Nanshan seem like a lifetime ago. I am grateful that we captured some of that "feeling" while we were experiencing it. And I am glad you came along with us on this journey. Thank you so much for reading here and praying for Team China and offering your encouragement to us in the comments. I can never tell you how much they mean/meant to us. To me. Thanks!

Okay, since I can't share with you in "real" time about our third week of camp in Xi'an, I will start by offering some great pictures. Here goes...

Yay! I think this may be the ONLY Team China photo of us all together!

Team China in the Terra Cotta Museum gift shop with Yvonne our translator.
It was soooo crowded but I forgot to take a picture of the sticky mass of humanity!
The warriors were spectacular in Pit 3.

We were allowed such close proximity.

All but two members of Team China. Mom and I aren't in many photos.

Our beautiful girls after they bargained in the market for Chinese handpainted fans.

Our warriors with their bamboo sabers.

For this history-loving momma, a visit to China's ancient treasures in their ancient capital city on the ancient silk road was a treat! I am glad it was our first real sight-seeing expedition.

No comments:

Post a Comment