Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Golf Anyone??

This is not a made up story.  As we were walking through the Yantai airport trying to find our way out, I noticed a sign that caught my eye - "Enjoy 276 holes of golf right here in Yantai"!!!!  That's right, 276 holes.  I couldn't beleive it, and didn't believe it either.  Until as we were taking the little shuttle into town, I saw some of the holes.  I took a picture but you really can't tell that there are that many holes.

One of the leaders here, Steve Bolt, was going to try to go golfing here, so he found out how much it costs (surely with 276 holes it can't cost that much).  He found out that it costs about $150 (ouch).

Then as we took a trip into town and went to KFC (much needed for us and our kids), I met another american from Chicago.  Evidently, he is here training their national golf team (girls and boys) for the asian games in november.  His home course is TPC at Sawgrass, and he is a trainer for about 14 pros on tour (Ken McAllister). He told me what the best course was, a private course call Red Rock, that evidently costs about $400. That's ridiculous.

-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment