Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting Back to Normal


Okay, I lied. I have no idea what "normal" is--never have. But I was secretly hoping that by now we would have our routines and schedules back in place. Ha! So much for thinking! My boys and daddy were making guacamole at 2am this morning. No normal here. Or anything that looks like it. We have decided to embrace it though and count our blessings. At least neither of us have to return to work this week.

Count your blessings, name them one by one:


  1. showers without flip flops (or nose plugs)

  2. placing toilet tissue IN the toilet

  3. being seated during said toilet moments

  4. HAVING handy toilet tissue for each toilet experience

  5. eating cereal with a spoon (although i was getting pretty good with chopsticks and most of my kids were AWESOME with them!)

  6. my pillowtop, soft squishy bed

  7. ice in every single swig

  8. mexican food for breakfast, italian for lunch and american for dinner--gotta love this melting pot menu

  9. washing our loads and loads of laundry in the washing machine. and drying them in the dryer. oh joy!

  10. naps

  11. broad internet instead of narrow Chinese access

  12. park day with NO HUMIDITY

  13. i could go on...
Counting our blessings keeps our perspective. Because honestly, I miss the sweetness that our time in China brought to our family. I miss Bethany and Kristen. I miss the beautiful joyful faces of those orphans. I miss the unity and togetherness and common goal that serving them brought to our family. I miss the amazing people that we served along side. I miss China.

Except the squatty potties.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list and I will try and remember to be thankful for ALL that we have. Your portion of what you miss made me cry. I love your heart Kelly!

    ReplyDelete