Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Barnabas Words

One of the coolest parts of allowing God to work in your life, in your heart, is the front row seat you get to faith-deepening stuff. One of my favorite parts about the last month has been witnessing the Lord work and provide. "If it's God's will, it's His bill." Jehovah Jireh has been providing in miraculous ways to get our big family over to China to be His hands and feet and hugs to these children that are not forgotten by Him.

It all started with a family who loves China, loves families, and LOVES Jesus. We are so thrilled to be getting to hang out with the Bolt family for the next couple of weeks. Really, it all started with them. Okay, I know it REALLY started with Him.  But wouldn't be going without the Bolt's support at great personal sacrifice. Amazing.

But a lot of others have supported us in magnificent ways too. I loved that we received dozens of checks, cash and coins. But even more than the money (I DO appreciate the money :) I am blessed by the notes that come along with them. From now on, I will always send a note along with my gift and prayers. Just another "perspective changer" that I got free of charge.

My dear friend whom I have not seen in awhile, took the time to hand write a lovely note of encouragement and included the lyrics of a Leeland song that made her think of our family. 

I am going to share a portion of my friend's note and a few others that blessed our family these last weeks. My husbands best buddy said that his family didn't give us money, or pray for us,  or write notes of encouragement to earn our thanks. He awaits His Father's pleasure and reward. While I appreciate and admire his correct attitude, I still like to acknowledge how happy these kind words minister to us as we head out.



"Follow You into the homes of the broken
Follow You into the world
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God
Follow You into the world



Use my hands use my feet
To make Your kingdom come"


No comments:

Post a Comment